Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Film: 20 Movies in 20 Days

On a Long Island Railroad train bound for Manhattan fellow Fanboyer Mister Chapel and I discovered something disheartening. 

We had seen a shockingly small amount of movies this year. 

Now, in the in the interest of full disclosure I must say that Mister Chapel was the more prolific movie watcher. With my most prosperous year topping out at about 100 and his, well, I'll let him expand on his own record because I don't think I can do it justice.

But this year our lists were hovering at about half my best total. And with the Oscars fast approaching we felt as if our usual top ten lists would be meaningless with such a small pool to pick from. 

To remedy that problem we created the  20 Movies in 20 Days challenge.  Which is, not surprisingly, exactly what it sounds like.  Our lists consist of movies that were released January 1, 2008  to December 31, 2008. 

We decided on 15 movies that we would both see and I chose 5 unique movies for Mister Chapel and he decided on 5 for me.  Both lists will be posted shortly.

These are movies we meant to see and missed, movies the other insisted we see and some are movies we think might be awful but we just need an opinion on.

Our mission ends February 3rd

The plan is to post small reviews for each film and to give our overall impressions of the experience of this kamikaze movie watching experience. Stay tuned.

Bobby Shortle
AKA.  Mister Pink 

No comments: